Abiding Savior Lutheran School seeks to teach our students effectively, and provide services for those with unique learning needs. We believe that God has created each of us individually with our own set of strengths and weaknesses. Our goal is to celebrate each student's strengths and provide individualized instruction where needed, with the help of parents and classroom teachers. Our Academic Success Center supports classroom instruction for students in the areas of mainstream, resource, and gifted education. We also strive to assist students in developing additional skills that will support their highest academic growth.
- Implement resource, gifted, and mainstream classroom interventions
- Support classroom teachers in developing effective interventions for students
- Develop Academic Intervention Plans (AIP) and Individual Education Plans (IEP)
- Meeting with classroom teachers on an ongoing basis to discuss students and evaluate effectiveness of current Academic Intervention Plans
- Assist families through SSD evaluation process, including Gifted and Talented evaluations
- Support teachers, students, and families with executive skill challenges and concerns
- Organizing Check-Out guidelines and procedures
Abiding Savior Lutheran School is pleased to provide special education services to qualifying students in partnership with Lutheran Association for Special Education (LASE).